The Truth About Gratitude
You’ve probably been hearing a lot about gratitude. ‘Tis the season. But in this week’s episode, I am sharing why gratitude is a key transformational practice for every day of the year. A mindset of gratitude is more than just a trendy thing to try; this mindset actually changes the wiring in our brain to counteract all the years of focusing on what is going wrong around us.
“Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” ~Melody Beattie
Highlights for The Truth About Gratitude
- What happens if you are “over” all things gratitude? (1:05)
- A non-scientific explanation of the science behind why gratitude is good for us (2:55)
- How combining a gratitude practice with a sleep routine created BIG change for me (4:15)
- Gratitude isn’t about ignoring life; it is about receiving what is around you (8:55)
- Use these ideas to add gratitude as a practice without adding to your to-do list (13:40)
- Three questions for attuning to gratitude as a mindset (without using the word grateful) (14:10)
Your Invitations for This Week
- Where can you add an intentional gratitude practice to your day?
- What micro-moments can you receive with gratitude?
Join Us on Facebook
Join the Live Your Sunrise Facebook group for even more Sunrise in Your Pocket fun with daily doses of encouragement and motivation.
Share the Sunrise in Your Pocket
Spread the ripple! Write a review of how this episode resonated with you.
Know someone who might benefit from this episode? Share this episode with a friend who could use this nudge to explore gratitude as a tool.