Cultivate Curiosity as a Mindset
[podcast src="https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/7353791/height/90/theme/custom/autoplay/no/autonext/no/thumbnail/yes/preload/no/no_addthis/no/direction/forward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/88AA3C/" height="90" width="100%" placement="top" theme="custom"]Children are curious. They explore just because, and they make decisions based on what feels good. But as adults, we no longer practice curiosity, opting instead to be guided by shoulds, deadlines, and a need for specific outcomes and certainty. This week I’m exploring curiosity as a mindset. Why be curious? Curiosity is one of my favorite practices for releasing a need for outcomes and creating space in our lives for new possibilities. Yet, many of us rarely give ourselves time to be curious … to wonder … to do something just because.
“I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.” ~Albert Einstein
Highlights for Cultivate Curiosity as a Mindset
- What makes children so curious? (3:10)
- Curiosity isn’t about outcomes. It involves willingness and wonder, listening and discerning (3:30)
- Consider the reasons and habits that erode our curiosity (4:15)
- Release yourself from the trap of “I don’t know” (5:45)
- “I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.” ~Albert Einstein (6:45)
- What is it like to see something and become so intrigued you can’t help but be curious? (7:35)
- Notice aliveness and awakeness in yourself and in your life (14:30)
- What does it take to cultivate curiosity? (14:35)
- Consider this question to let go of expectations and cultivate curiosity (17:45)
Your Invitations for the Week
- Ask yourself the question: “What would I be curious about if I knew I had nothing to lose?”
Join the Live Your Sunrise community on Facebook for even more Sunrise In Your Pocket fun, with daily doses of encouragement and motivation.
Share the Sunrise in Your Pocket
Share this episode with a friend who might benefit from the idea of cultivating curiosity, and remember to rate the show and leave a review wherever you’re listening to this podcast!