Are You a Catastrophizer?
Do you assume worst-case scenarios? Or see things fall flat before they’ve even had a chance to take off? To be a catastrophizer is a natural tendency for many of us. This week, I’m exploring what it means to be a catastrophizer and how navigating this type of worst-case future thinking can actually help us connect with our inner strength and wisdom.
Highlights for Are You a Catastrophizer?
- What is a catastrophizer? (3:35)
- You might be a catastrophizer if… (4:15)
- What happens when you notice you are falling into catastrophizing (9:55)
- Try these five steps to untangle yourself from a catastrophizing spiral (10:15)
- It is when we fight against or resist what is showing up that we trigger catastrophizing (14:25)
- Your tendency to catastrophize might not be something you can undo, but it can offer a window to getting to know yourself and your triggers (18:20)
Your Invitations for This Week
- Give yourself the gift of catching yourself rather than judging your catastrophizing.
- Observe and reflect on where you are present and where catastrophizing shows up for you.
Applications are open for See You. Be You.
See You. Be You. is a 5-month group coaching program that begins on January 28th, 2019. This program is for you if you are ready to make 2019 the year you stop surviving life and start LIVING fully in the now. Read more and apply HERE.
Join Us on Facebook
Join the Live Your Sunrise Facebook group for even more Sunrise in Your Pocket fun with daily doses of encouragement and motivation.
Share the Sunrise in Your Pocket
Spread the ripple! Write a review of how this episode resonated with you.
Know someone who might benefit from this episode? Share this episode with a friend who could use this nudge to explore how to navigate catastrophizing.